Who We Are
Cox Enterprises is a leading communications, media and automotive services company. We are a top 10 national player, based on revenues, in every major business category where we compete. Cox Enterprises subsidiaries include Cox Communications, Cox Media Group, and Cox Automotive.
At Cox suppliers are integral in achieving the Company's goal of providing the best products and services to our customers. The key factors we take into account when evaluating potential suppliers are:
- The quality of the product or service provided
- Compliance with contractual terms and conditions
- Ability to meet delivery schedules
- Efficiency in response to requests for information
- Adherence to warranty provisions
- Finally, our suppliers should strive to become leaders in the fields of social and environmental affairs.
Cox has implemented standards for its suppliers addressing our core values with respect to Ethics, Sustainability and Diversity.
Ethics. We have a set of values we apply to our employees, and we expect our suppliers to act similarly, with a high level of business and professional ethics. Accordingly, you will be expected to adhere to the following guidelines for ethical business conduct:
- Compliance with Anti-Trust and Fair Competition Laws: Supplier will comply with all applicable laws governing Vendor’s services, work or business, including, without limitation, compliance with any Antitrust and state uniform pricing laws, or any other anti-competition laws.
- Conflicts of Interest: Supplier will avoid any activity or appearance of impropriety, employment or acceptance of any contribution, if it would reasonably appear that such activity, employment, interest or contribution could compromise Vendor’s professional judgment or prevent or materially impair the Vendor from serving the best interests of Cox.
- Financial Integrity: Supplier shall provide and maintain honest and accurate reports and records regarding its financial and other performance on behalf of Cox, including without limitation, any invoicing, billing practices, charges and accounting in connection with Vendor’s performance of any contracts, including government contracts, or in the provision of services or supplies to Cox.
- Proprietary Information: Supplier shall take all actions and steps necessary to protect and safeguard the property and information of Cox, and Cox’s customers that might be shared with Vendor in accordance with our Agreement. Cox respects the same confidence you place in us.
- Work Environment: Harassment or discrimination toward an individual because of race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other “protected status” as defined in Cox’s Code of Excellence is unacceptable in Cox’s work environment. Vendor agrees to provide for a safe and professional environment which promotes the values of teamwork, diversity and trust.
Sustainability. Cox is committed to partnering with suppliers to create a more sustainable supply chain. With a focus on conserving and protecting the environment, Cox seeks to work with suppliers that employ best-in-class sustainable business practices.
Environmentally Preferred Purchasing (EPP) refers to the procurement of goods and services from suppliers that employ manufacturing and distribution processes that have a lesser or reduced impact on the environment when compared with competing suppliers that provide the same goods and services. Cox supports the following specific EPP principles:
- Reduction of the amount of energy and water in manufacturing and distribution
- Affirmative actions to prevent the creation of air and/or water pollution and waste products
- Minimization of packaging and the use of materials or processes which compromise the environment
- Availability of recycled and/or recyclable content in products and packaging, and other remanufacturing opportunities (including use of materials that are non-toxic, durable, reusable and/or bio-based; device remanufacturing; take-back provisions and other re-use strategies; support for surplus equipment and supplies policies)
- Investment in the use of alternative energy sources for manufacturing and distribution
- Use of sustainable and renewable raw materials
- Support of organizations that extend the life of surplus equipment and supplies
- Transportation practices that is environmentally friendly.
Diversity. Cox believes leading institutions achieve optimal performance by establishing diversity in their business practices – including developing relationships with high quality certified minority, woman-owned and lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) businesses as suppliers within its supply chain. Therefore, it is the policy of Cox that certified diverse suppliers shall have the maximum practicable opportunity to participate in providing products and services to the fullest extent consistent with efficient contract performance. To support this important effort, Cox will evaluate proposals based on a preference for suppliers that participate in its Tier II Initiative. Cox believes that this effort will enhance corporate competitiveness, increase the economic advancement of its community and is ultimately good for overall business growth.
Supplier should include in its response information with respect to its willingness and ability to participate in the Tier II Initiative. Any agreement relating to products and services greater than $500,000 will require compliance with the Tier II Initiative. To the extent an award is made with a commitment regarding participation in the Initiative, the supplier will be required to submit a report of its Tier II spending, beginning the fifteenth day of the calendar month following each quarter end. The report shall be delivered to Cox through its online reporting tool. Failure to participate and report the results of its efforts with certified diverse suppliers will be deemed a material breach of the agreement by a supplier.
How to Become a Potential Supplier
Cox and its affiliates actively seek potential suppliers to add to our approved suppliers. As part of that search, we ask that you complete the registration information. By registering, you will not have to register at each affiliate website. Once you have registered, you will receive a confirmation email with a log in and password to update your information at any time. Registering does not automatically make your company an approved Cox supplier; this registration is for potential business only.
For sustainability training, click here.